Pages

Monday, April 02, 2012

Bulakan ..my town ..my Home

Bulakan, one of the municipality of the province of Bulacan. This is also a former capital of the province. The birthplace of Marcelo del Pilar and Gregorio del Pilar. The town had a big contribution to the Philippine history.  

For me, Bulakan is my home espacially barrio Sta. Ana. In this place my ancestors were born, grow and die. This is also the birth place of my Amang Peping and where my Inang Maring grew (parents of my mother).



Amang Peping is married with Inang Maring and blessed with nine children. Their children also grew up and have their own family and still live within the vicinity of Bulakan. This town witnessed the history of my family, how my Amang Peping courted Inang Maring and get married for more than 50 years, lived with simple life but with a lot of love for each other. It is also the witness of my father's love for my mother and now living as couple for 32 years. 


My grandparents (parents of my father) Lolo Roming and Lola Chayong was from Malabon, Manila and moved to Bulacan during the late 60's and spend their years here in Bulakan. Their children also grew up here and now with their own family. May father whose the eldest and his youngest sister still live in this town. Some of his brother and sister are moved to Manila, Rizal and Quezon City.

This place is where my family lives, this is the witness of my childhood and now that I have a wife and a son, I want to spend the rest of my life with them. Maybe time will come we will move and live to other place, but still there's no place like Bulakan, a place I called Home.


2 comments:

  1. Hi not sure if you could point me in the right direction since you are from Bulakan. Im looking for my lost family. My grandparents are supposedly from Bulakan, Bulacan. They took off to Malaysia/Singapore during the 1920s.
    Am wondering if you would know any Marcelo family there? anybody that I could ask some question to trace my father's family. Thanks and lovely post on your hometown. Rgds- Emilia Marcelo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emilia Marcelo. I knew a Bong Marcelo (deceased) when I was in high school. His father was a policeman. Try contacting Maiotte using the link below. She might be able to provide more info.

    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008621594926&fref=pb&hc_location=friends_tab&pnref=friends.all

    ReplyDelete